Dr. Stephen O. Woodard has been practicing dentistry for more than 27 years. He grew up in Issaquah, Washington, and after high school graduation was accepted to Washington State University where he received his Bachelor of Pharmacy in 1983.
After pharmacy school, Dr. Woodard was accepted into the University of Washington Dental School. In 1987, he received his Doctor of Dental Surgery. In 1988, he began a teaching position at the University of Washington Dental School through Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, and taught dental students there for four years while beginning a private dental practice in Issaquah.
In 1992, Dr. Woodard and his family moved to the Spokane Valley where he continues to practice dentistry.
Dr. Woodard's personal priorities are surrounded by his wife, Lisa, and their children, Laura and Christopher. He is an avid outdoorsman, enjoying cycling, hiking, fly-fishing and spending time with friends.
Dr. Woodard is a member of the American Dental Association, the Washington State Dental Association, the Spokane District Dental Society as well as numerous dental study clubs. He recently received the Spokane Top Dentist Award for 2010.
• Serves on the Spokane District Dental Society Foundation Board of Directors
• Volunteers at the IDEA Dental Clinic in Spokane
Dr. Woodard’s community involvement has included multiple youth coaching positions in soccer and basketball, work in his children’s schools and involvement with Camp Lutherhaven as well as his church.
• Works with Hearts in Motion and travels abroad to provide dental care for the poor of Zacapa, Guatemala
• Volunteers in the local schools, presenting dental topics to students
• Works with multiple organizations to help with community charities through the Lutheran Church